Osmo Coding Awbie Game for Ages 5-12
Coding is a modern superpower; a new language. With Coding Awbie, kids learn logic skills and problem solving, and learn to succeed in an increasingly digital world. It is the easiest way to introduce coding to your child. In this game, your child will learn to use tangible blocks, place them into sequences, loops and if/or actions, and get Awbie to walk around, jump over obstacles and grab strawberries in a magical world. This interactive game will fire up a child’s imagination, inspire dreams and build confidence, all while learning how to code.
Osmo is Magic! Fun-filled & award winning learning games that interact with actual hand held pieces & an iPad, bringing a preschool child's game pieces & actions to life. We know kids learn by doing that’s why each game centres on a physical activity whether it’s arranging tangrams, zooming number cards around, or even freehand drawing, Osmo sees and reacts to every real-live move.
Teaching how to control a lovable animated character, Awbie enables kids to use tangible coding blocks to guide him to reach his target. Kids create sequences, loops, and ‘if/or’ actions by linking the physical coding blocks in effective combinations. They’re having fun with Awbie, but they’re mastering real coding concepts, too. Learn to succeed in an increasingly digital world!
- The game is appropriate for ages 5–12 and keeps kids engaged for endless hours
- Created by a team from a recognised University Lab, Coding Awbie is inspired by over 50 years of research into computer programming education
- Learn to code in creative ways and explore the digital world. While you learn to guide an on-screen character, you will learn to think creatively and logically
- Introduces computational thinking strategies to kids and helps kids gain knowledge about computer programming
- Explore the fundamentals of coding and hone logical thinking and problem-solving skills while going on an adventure with Awbie. This fun-filled game also enables collaborative play
- Approved by parents and teachers worldwide, used in over 30,000+ classrooms
What's in the box:
- 19 magnetic coding blocks
- Coding Awbie app
- Stackable storage
What they'll learn:
- Coding fundamentals
- Computational thinking
- Problem solving
- If statements and loops
- Logical thinking
- Compatible with all iPads except Generation 1, iPad Pro 11-inch, and iPad Pro 12.9-inch. The minimum iOS version needed is iOS 9.
- Important: Requires an iPad and an Osmo base to play (sold separately)
What is Osmo?
Osmo makes hands-on learning games in which players use objects in the real world to interact with the digital world shown on their iPad. Children playing Osmo have so much fun they don't realise they are learning.
How does Osmo work?
Osmo games are designed to work with an iPad. A child moves at their own speed through multiple levels. Osmo games ship with the game essentials, along with storage. No WiFi is necessary for game play.
What makes Osmo toys good for children?
Children learn best through play. Combining tangible pieces with an interactive game fires up a child’s imagination, inspires dreams and builds confidence and real-life skills.
How do children play with Osmo?
Osmo merges tactile exploration with innovative technology, actively engaging children in the learning process. Osmo is great for at home or classroom learning in pairs or on their own.
How does Osmo compare with other toys?
Osmo products stand in a class of their own providing meaningful game play which inspires learning. Osmo fuses digital game play and physical interaction to create fun and nutritious play experiences designed for all children.